Distributed and Interactive Systems Group
Our research group focuses on facilitating and improving the way people access media and communicate with others and with the environment. We address key problems for society and science, resulting from the dense connectivity of content, people, and devices. We use recognized scientific methods, following a full-stack, experimental, and human-centered approach.
We base our results on realistic testing grounds and data sets, and embrace areas such as wearable technology and smart textiles, immersive media, and languages and infrastructures. Distributed and Interactive Systems is an outward-looking research group, and we enjoy a number of fruitful partnerships with companies and organizations in the areas of creative industries and smart cities.
Our group transfers knowledge through scientific publications, standards bodies, open-source implementations and consultancy. We pride ourselves on pushing boundaries, leading the way for others to follow.
Group Leader: Pablo Cesar
Science Park, 123
- RedBull partners with BYBORRE, CWI, and Nearables for an ultra-sensory experience
- Fashion, Senses, and Spaces: the Technology That Built the Red Bull Playrooms
- BYBORRE and Red Bull Explore The Future of Clubbing
- Dick Bulterman appointed head of VU Computer Science department
- CWI DIS researchers speak at Xinhuanet Forum
- David A. Shamma named ACM Distinguished Member
- Dick Bulterman appointed CWI Fellow